Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Is This Really Necessary: Coal

On one hand, coal heats up houses and fires up factories. (And somebody's got to pick up the slack while we get all the wind farms up and running.) It provides jobs, often well paying. I personally know decent, intelligent people who work for coal and mining companies.

On the other hand, there's black lung, decimated mountain ranges, the soot that wracked my sinuses in Beijing...

Not to mention this aesthetic pollution.

(do the carolers look like cartoon cut-outs of poo bred with the singing Quiznos rats, or is it just me?)

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aagh! I'd suppressed those Quizno's rats, and now you've brought them back. I can't imagine why a company that sells food would have used such disturbing and disgusting imagery in its ads, and I wonder who the ad consultants responsible are working for now.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger globalchameleon said...

I hate to confess they grew on me after a while, like a hairless, toothless chihuahua in an ungly dog contest. Perhaps a love of all things coal now will grow on me as well

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Quizno's went from the mutant rat things to a talking baby that was perhaps even creepier. No wonder I haven't been to Quizno's in years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home