Saturday, June 17, 2006


Maryland/Dakar: Friends with boats...
That's the beauty of finally living by the ocean. Every summer I vow that I'll drive up to Annapolis to either take sailing lessons or latch onto a group of wealthy schooner-owning bon vivants. (There's always the Potomac, but who knows what you'll float up against there - Jimmy Hoffa, overstock from Bob's Bargain Organ Trafficking, detritus from a Georgetown keg party...)

As evidenced by an absence of funnel cake, NC-17-rated t-shirts and high school graduation parties, the photo above was not taken in Ocean City. To read more about Yoff Beach, see the May 2006 archives.

More out of Africa

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't find Jimmy Hoffa. He is in Michigan. You may, however, find biohazard waste or a body (or two). Maybe if it is cold enough you can take the organs and sell them.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I could've sworn I saw Jimmy when we filled the outhouse pit...

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can a beach be a beach without funnel cake? oh wait a minute, this ain't the joysey shore!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! It's sort of like a travel-logue, minus the boring parts and with witty observations.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live by a lake myself. I am single and a member of the blue collar workforce, so of course I have never been to the lake, but I am told its reeeaaal nice.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you didnot find Jimmy, you have more problems than an old outhouse pit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home