Tuesday, April 24, 2007

ARRRRRGHH! (pirates)





I may be missing Jazz Fest, but I was just in time for the New Orleans Pirate Convention.

They assailed us on the streets at sunset, these swashbucklers. A few even took over the horse and carriages usually reserved for sedate tours. I should have seen it coming. I ate gumbo next to two of them earlier at the Gumbo Shop. But I thought they were just harmless Goth punks.

But then the pirates took to the streets. They didn't rape and pilage - the night was young, after all - but they did leave beads in their wake.

Pirates...not just in Silver Spring anymore.

Screw Atkins - New Orleans cuisine

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger media concepts said...

Avast! Get ready for the onslaught by the pirate lobby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home