Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Magick Yeast

(Because “bread” is so 20th century…)

As Fred Krupp, author of Earth: The Sequel, explained to the crowd at Politics and Prose yesterday, entrepreneurs at the company Amyris have engineered a magic kind of yeast that can produce any kind of matter they want.

(now that’s World of Warcraft-level power)

How does it work? If I was that smart, I would not be writing this blog. I would be off on a yacht in the Mediterranean with handsome pool boys feeding me grapes. What I do know:

It’s creating a cost-effective malaria therapy for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation

It’s hard at work making biofuel

If I could engineer yeast to create any kind of matter I wanted, for the betterment of mankind, what would it be?

Why…

Peep matter, of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home