Thursday, April 03, 2008

Columbia Heights Target: The Caucasian Journey

This weekend, I paid tribute to my pigment-challenged ancestors and made a trip - no, paid homage to - the new Columbia Heights Target (a visit that was, apparently, incredibly well timed)

{Ed note: You DO realize that was an April Fools' Day joke, don't you?}

At first I was confused when the usual faint whiff of urine did not greet me at the top of the Metro escalators. And the new buildings...had I nodded off and accidentally ended up in Silver Spring?

But I soon found myself amid those familiar, stylish and stylishly affordable product lines:

- Like Michael Graves flatware for dinner parties

- Sleek things for the home

- Artful t-shirts

- Breezy Isaac Mizrahi summer gear

- Not to mention fellow shoppers from all kinds of nationalities and backgrounds!

(The sound of little kids speaking Spanish was particularly cute!)

{Ed: They think you're cute speaking English, too!}

I found myself in a daze not experienced since graduate school.”

I do think some hussy on a Vespa ran off with the Jovovich-Hawk Go International collection, though. That section of the store was woefully deccimated.

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Target is still too new to be destroyed yet. I bought my Swiffer-vac there two weeks ago. Very suburbia.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger globalchameleon said...

Fortunately the Target stores I've seen have seemed to keep their newness (or at least a semblence of order - unlike that soul-suck competitor WalMart) How do you like your Swiffer-Vac, by the way? (I'm thinking of getting one)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home